As we face the Coronavirus pandemic let us, as His people, turn to Him and seek Him. It is a time to share His promises with those we serve and those we encounter.
Our friends at Young Life are praying through Psalm 91 for 91 days. We encourage you to join with our brothers and sisters and likewise commit to praying through Psalm 91 for the next 91 days. Let us lift our voices to our “refuge and fortress” and trust in Him.
The Coronavirus issue has escalated to a global pandemic and some countries we serve in are facing full shut down of operations. We are being proactive in minimizing the risk of spread and exposure to the virus as well as taking steps to prepare for quarantine and the impact this will have on the children in our care, their families, and our staff. It’s important to remember that many of the children and families we serve already have compromised immune systems and this virus could be very dangerous to them.
Therefore, we are instituting the following steps to protect our staff and those we serve:
- CarePoints will be shut down if –
- Government closes down schools
- Any staff or children are diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus
- Government authorities require shut down
- Preparations are being made for emergency provisions for our children and their families, as well as for staff in the event we have to close the CarePoints
- Reinforcing instructions and training for our children, their families, and our staff on the importance of frequent hand washing with soap and water as well as not touching your face with dirty hands
- Joining the prayer movement for protection, healing and against the spread of the COVID-19 virus
Africa Team Leader