A Bit About Sabina!
This is Sabina! This is Sabina! She is an 8 year old girl who lives in Nairobi, Kenya, and lives with her mother, aunt and three cousins. Sabina’s mother relocated Sabina and herself to the aunts house because Sabina’s father abused alcohol causing him to mistreat Sabina and her mother. Sadly, Sabina struggles psychologically after the abuse her father put her through. Sabina’s aunt is now the sole provider for the family.
Sabina loves skipping rope, eating chapati and beans, playing with other children and her favorite bible verse is John 3:16. Sabina would like to be a Doctor when she grows up to help people who are sick.
A Bit About Nairobi, Kenya!
Kenya is located in East Africa and is a very diverse place. It touches the Indian Ocean and is mostly desert and mountainous.
Sabina lives in Nairobi, Kenya which is the largest city in Kenya and has the population of 4.4 million people. 2.5 million of those people live within the slums of Nairobi. The Kibera slums are the largest slums in Kenya and one of the biggest in the world. The temperature is anywhere from the low 60s to high 80s and they experience both a dry and a wet season.
The homes in Kenya are usually made of mud or corrugated metal sheets and the terrain is typically very rocky and dry. The children within our Kenyan CarePoints rarely have electricity or running water in their home, so they have lots of long walks in all types of weather to the nearest well or other water source.
How to Pray for Sabina!
- Please pray for Sabina and her family members. Pray that God would use their past hardships for His glory and their good.
- Pray that God would Give Sabina a good life and that her family would be able to afford their daily basic needs and keep them all healthy and safe.
- Please pray that Sabina’s father would be convicted of his sins and that he would turn from alcohol. Please pray that Sabina would no longer be affected by his poor decision, but that she would see her worth in Christ and His fatherly, unending love for her.
- Pray that Sabina’s mother would find a good job where she is able to provide for herself and Sabina.
- Lastly, please pray that Sabina would be sponsored and that he would be given hope through sponsorship. Pray that God would bring the perfect sponsor for Andrew and that they would have an amazing and lasting relationship. Most importantly, please pray that all of this would ultimately lead him to Christ.