We hope that through our “behind the picture” blog posts, you will learn more about our children’s lives, be better equipped to pray for their personal struggles, and that one of their stories will touch you and ultimately lead to sponsorship.
A Bit About Maimuna!
This is Maimuna! She is a 7 year old girl who lives in Kisumu, Kenya, and lives with her grandparents and five cousins. Maimuna’s father died and her mother works in a house in a different town. Her mother help financially on occasion but Maimuna’s grandparents are too old to work aside from a little bit of farming.
Maimuna loves reading, writing, listening to Bible stories and athletics. Her favorite food is rice and beans and she helps around the house by cooking. Maimuna’s best friend’s name is Celestine and her favorite Bible verse is John 3:16. Lastly, Mainmuna would like to be a Doctor to treat the sick.
A Bit About Kisumu, Kenya!
Kenya is located in East Africa and is a very diverse place. It touches the Indian Ocean and is mostly desert and mountainous.
Maimuna lives in Kisumu, Kenya which is the third largest city in Kenya. The temperature is anywhere from the low 60s to high 80s and they experience both a dry and a wet season. The homes in Kisumu, Kenya are usually made of mud and corrugated metal sheets and the terrain is typically very rocky and dry. The children within our Kenyan CarePoints rarely have electricity or running water in their home, so they have lots of long walks in all types of weather to the nearest well or other water source.
How to Pray for Maimuna!
- Please pray for Maimuna, her grandparents and her cousins. Pray that God would use their past hardships for His glory and their good. Pray that they would have strength and guidance.
- Pray for Maimuna’s mother and that God would bless her. Pray that her mother would take an interest in Maimuna and that she would care for her and support her.
- Pray that Maimuna would stay safe and healthy.
- Pray that God would help Maimuna do well in school and that she would continue to learn and grow.
- Lastly, please pray that Maimuna would be sponsored and that she would be given hope through sponsorship. Pray that God would bring the perfect sponsor for Maimuna and that they would have an amazing and lasting relationship. Most importantly, please pray that all of this would ultimately lead her to Christ.