A Bit About Justa!
This is Justa! She is a 17 year old girl who lives in Mwanza, Tanzania with her mother. The sole provider for their family is her mother, a tailor.
Justa enjoys skipping rope, eating chapati and chips, learning the Word of God, and playing handball with her friends. Her favorite Bible verse is Matthew 7:7, and her best friends are Angel and Sumai. Justa aspires to be a teacher when she grows up because she loves helping people learn.
A Bit About Mwanza, Tanzania!
Tanzania is located in East Africa and is located in the African Great Lakes region. Tanzania is home to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
Justa lives in Mwanza, Tanzania which to the locals is also known as the “Rock City”. Mwanza touches Lake Victoria and is the second largest city in Tanzania with a population of 1,182,000 people as of 2021. Fishing is one of the most common occupations in this region due to its location. The climate is a tropical savanna with a wet season lasting from May to October and the temperature stay around 75 degrees year-round.
Most people in Mwanza rent a single room in a “squatter settlement” that lacks basic amenities like water and electricity. The homes are often made of brick, mud, and corrugated metal sheets. Mwanza has many inconsistent job opportunities where the pay does not consistently meet their daily needs. Due to the proximity to Lake Victoria, the population is rapidly growing resulting in a spike in crime, children being left on the streets, and the price of housing rising.
How to Pray for Justa!
- Please pray for the safety of Justa and her family. Pray that they would all know and love God.
- Pray that God would Give Justa a good life and that her family would be able to afford their daily basic needs.
- Pray that Justa’s mother would be healthy and continue her work diligently to provide for the family.
- Pray that Justa would do well at school and that God would lead her in every aspect of her life.
- Lastly, please pray that Justa would be sponsored and that she would be given hope through sponsorship. Pray that God would bring the right sponsor for her and that they would have a strong and lasting relationship. Most importantly, please pray that all of this would ultimately lead her to Christ.