Here at Christ’s Hope, we get the opportunity to learn about our children’s lives. It can be extremely hard and overwhelming to hear some of the hurt that these children have had to go through and endure, but then other parts bring such joy and encouragement.
We want you to be able to see a little peak into these children’s lives as well! So we came up with the idea of “behind the picture”. This is a way that we can share more about the kids who still need to be sponsored and a little background on their history and life. We hope this is an encouragement to you all and so you can deeply pray for these children!
A Bit About Beryl!
This is Beryl! Beryl is a 6 year old girl who lives in Kisumu, Kenya. She lives with her grandmother because both of her parents passed away from different tragic accidents. Her grandmother is elderly but is still the breadwinner for this family. Beryl loves skipping rope, cornmeal with fish, and her friend Ann. Her favorite Bible verse is John 3:16 because, “It is the story of Jesus” and because, “He loves her”. She helps around the house by washing dishes and feeding their chickens. Lastly, she is very responsible and active in her CarePoint!
A Bit About Kenya!
Kenya is located in East Africa and is a very diverse place. It touches the Indian Ocean and is mostly desert, but it is also very mountainous.
Beryl lives in Kisumu, Kenya which is the third largest city in Kenya. The temperature is anywhere from the low 60s to high 80s and they experience both a dry and a wet season. The homes in Kisumu, Kenya are usually made of mud and/or corrugated metal sheets and the terrain is typically very rocky and dry. The children within our CarePoints in Kenya rarely have electricity or running water in their home, so they have lots of long walks to the nearest well, or other water source, and in any type of weather.
How to Pray for Beryl!
- Beryl has specifically asked that you all would pray for her to be healthy and for her to do well in her studies.
- Please also pray that Beryl wouldn’t be disheartened by her parents deaths, but that God would use this tragic situation to bring Beryl closer to Him.
- Pray that Beryl’s grandmother would continue to be strong and that she would be able to continue to care for and provide for Beryl and anyone else in the household.
- Beryl doesn’t have proper bedding, so please pray with us that the Lord would provide warm sheets and blankets for this little girl.
- Lastly, pray that Beryl would be sponsored and that she would be given hope through sponsorship. Pray that God would bring the perfect sponsor for Beryl and that they would have an amazing and lasting relationship. Most importantly, please pray that all of this would ultimately lead her to Christ.